Dettol Antiseptic Liquid kills 99.9% of germs to protect both your family and home
A house is not a home without a bottle of iconic Dettol Antiseptic Liquid. This versatile and trusted Dettol product provides all-round family protection against germs and has been recommended for generations.
Use Dettol Antiseptic Liquid to kill germs on the skin, help protect against infection from cuts, scratches and insect bites and it can also be used as a household disinfectant on surfaces or in laundry.
What is Dettol Disinfectant Liquid used for?
Dettol Antiseptic Liquid for First Aid and Medical Purposes:
- Cuts, Grazes, bites, stings: 1 capful of Dettol to 420ml of water. Cover wounds with dry gauze or lint. Undiluted Dettol can be used for urgent applications but not for sensitive skin and eczematous conditions.
- Midwifery: 1 capful of Dettol to 2.4 litres of water for external antisepsis.
- Bathing: 1/2 to 1 capful of Dettol to bath water.
Dettol Disinfectant for Household Purposes:
- Laundry: 3 capfuls of Dettol to 2.5 litres of water.
- Floors and other hard surfaces: 3 capfuls of Dettol to 2.5 litres of water.
- Lavatories, sinks (non-acrylic), drains etc.: Use undiluted Dettol.
- How does Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid work?
The active ingredient – Chloroxylenol – is an antiseptic and disinfectant.
- Can I use Dettol on open wounds?
You can use Dettol Antiseptics Liquid Original on wounds, but dilute the formulation first.
- Is Dettol Antiseptic antibacterial?
Absolutely. Dettol Liquid Original is an antibacterial product that can be used on skin.