Beright SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Nasal Swab) For Self-testing is a single-use test kit intended to detect the SARS-CoV-2 that causes COVID-19 with self-collected nasal swab specimen from symptomatic individuals who are suspected of being infected with COVID-19. Results are for the detection of SARS-COV-2 Nucleocapsid protein Antigens. An antigen is generally detectable in upper respiratory specimens during the acute phase of infection. Positive results indicate the presence of viral antigens, but clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine infection status.
Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2. Individuals who test positive should self-isolate and seek additional care from their healthcare provider. Positive results do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection. Individuals who test negative and continue to experience COVID-like symptoms should seek follow up care from their healthcare provider.
Contents of the Beright Test Kit Malaysia
- Test cassette
- Sterile swab
- Package insert
- Extraction buffer
- Biosafety bag
How to Use the Beright Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after test. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Remove the cover of the tube with Extraction buffer and place the tube in the tube holder in the box.
- Remove the sterile swab from the pouch.
- Insert the swab into your nostril until you feel slight resistance (Approx. 2cm up your nose). Slowly twist the swab, rubbing it along the insides of your nostril 5-10 times against the nasal wall.
- Gently remove the swab.
- Using the same swab, repeat step 4 in your other nostril.
- Withdraw the sterile swab.
- Place the swab into the Extraction tube, ensure it is touching the bottom and stir the swab to mix well. Press the swab head against to the tube and rotate the swab for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the swab head against the inside of the Extraction tube. Place the swab in the biosafety bag.
- Close the cap of the extraction tube.
- Remove the test cassette from the sealed foil pouch and use it within one hour. Best results will be obtained if the test is performed immediately after opening the foil pouch. Place the test cassette on a plat and level surface.
- Open the small-cap and invert the specimen extracted specimen extraction tube and add 3 drops of the extracted specimen to the sample well(S) of the test cassette and start the timer. Do not move the test cassette during test development.
- Read the result at 15 minutes. Do not read the result after 20 minutes.
Interpreting the Beright Covid-19 Antigen Nasal Swab Rapid Test Kit
POSITIVE: Two distinct colored lines appear. One colored line should be in the control region (C) and another colored line should be in the Test region (T).
*NOTE: The intensity of the color in the test line region (T) will vary based on the amount of SARS-CoV-2 antigen present in the sample. So any shade of color in the test region (T) should
be considered positive.
A positive results means it is very likely it you have COVID-19, but the positive samples should be confirmed to reflect this. Immediately go into self-isolation in accordance with the local guidelines and immediately contact your general practitioner/doctor or the local health department in accordance with the instructions of your local authorities. Your test result will be checked by a PCR confirmation test and you will be explained the next steps.
NEGATIVE: One colored line appears in the control region (C). No apparent colored line appears in the test line region (T). You are unlikely to have COVID-19. However, it is possible for this test to give a negative result that incorrect (a false negative) in some people with COVID-19. This means you could possibly still have COVID-19 even though the test is negative.
If you experience symptoms such as headaches, migraines, fever, loss of sense of smell or taste, contact the nearest medical facility according to the rules of your local authority. In addition. you can repeat the test with a new test kit. In case of suspicion, repeat the test after 1-2 days, as the coronavirus cannot be precisely detected in all phases of infection.
Even with a negative test result, distance and hygiene rules must be observed, mitigation/traveling, attending events and etc should follow your local COVID guidelines/requirements.
INVALID: Control line fails to appear. Insufficient specimen volume or incorrect procedural techniques are the most likely reasons for control line failure. Review the procedure and repeat the test with a new test or contact with a COVID-19 test center.
*Information taken from Medinics Website