2019-nCoV Ag Detection Kit is an Immuno-Chromatography assay for the rapid, qualitative detection of novel coronaviruses (2019-nCoV) antigen extracted from the saliva specimen. The test is to be used as an aid in the diagnosis of coronavirus infection disease (COVID-19). The test provides preliminary test results. Negative results cannot exclude 2019-nCoV infection and they cannot be used as the sole basis for treatment or other management decisions. For in vitro diagnostic use only. For professional use only.
Test Preparation for the Longsee Saliva Test Kit
- Allow all kit components to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing for 30 minutes.
- Do not place anything in the mouth including food, drink, gum, tobacco, water, and mouthwash products for at least 30 minutes prior to collection of oral fluid specimen.
Instruction to use the Longsee Covid19 Rapid Test Kit
- Spit the expectorated saliva into the collection funnel gently as much as possible close to 1mL.
- Unscrew the collection funnel gently to allow the saliva to flow into the collection tube completely.
- Screw the nozzle onto the collection tube.
- Turn upside down the collection tube slightly for 5 seconds, so that the diluent can mix with the saliva sample evenly.
- Leave the collection tube stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Remove the nozzle cap.
- Remove a test cartridge from the sealed pouch by tearing it at the notch and place it on a level surface.
- Drip 3~4 drops (about 100 μL) of extracted specimens vertically into the specimen well (S) on the test cartridge by squeezing the collection tube.
- The formation of air bubbles in the specimen well (S) must be avoided. Do not handle or move the test cartridge until the test is complete and ready for reading.
- Start timer. Read the result within 15 ~20 minutes of adding the sample.
- The test result is invalid after 20 minutes.
How to Interpret the result of the Longsee Covid-19 Saliva Home Test Kit
Invalid: When there is no red line in the quality control area (C), the test is invalid. It is recommended to retest with a new test card, paying particular attention to whether the sample volume is sufficient.
Positive: A red line appears in the detection area (T) and the quality control area (C) of the lane COVID-19, Flu A, and Flu B respectively.
Negative: A red line only appears in the quality control area (C).
*Information taken from Longsee Website