The Gmate Covid-19 Saliva Home Kit is intended to support for in vitro qualitative detection to SARS-CoV antigen in human saliva samples for home use. This product is used for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen test of novel coronavirus suspected populations appear symptoms within 7 days.
Positive result of the antigen test can be used for early triage and rapid management of suspected populations, but it cannot be used as a diagnosis basis of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or patient management decisions.
If the suspected individual exhibits respiratory symptoms or suspected to be infected, it is recommended to carry out PCR test to confirm the diagnosis. This test cannot replace a PCR test.
How to use the Gmate Covid-19 saliva home kit
- Open the seal of the reagent container.
- Connect the funnel to the reagent container.
- Spit your saliva until it reaches 1/4 of the reagent container. If it is more than 1/4 is it OK.
- Remove funnel and put on the cap on the reagent container
- Shake and Press the reagent container for 20 times
- Set a timer for 5 minutes
- Drop 4 drops of mixed reagent into the test kit. Set timer for 15 minutes and read the result.
How to Interpret the result of the Gmate Covid-19 saliva antigen test kit
POSITIVE: Two-colored lines appear in both C and T (C represents Control, T represents Test). If you see 2 lines, please update your mySejahtera profile status and head over to a hospital / clinic nearby to get a PCR test immediately. Suggest to also get your close contact screened using the home test kit as well.
NEGATIVE: Only one line appears at C.
INVALID: No line is appearing for both C and T or it only appears in T. There are multiple reasons including insufficient samples of saliva, mixed up of procedure, too quick to test/waited too long to drip the mixed reagent into the test kit, or it could also be a faulty test kit. Please try another kit following the exact guide again.
FAQ regarding the Gmate Covid-19 saliva antigen home kit
- Is this test approved by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM)?
Yes, this test is registered and approved for distribution by the Medical Devices Authority (MDA), the medical devices division under the Ministry of Health.
- I accidentally spit too much saliva into the saliva collection kit, does it affect the accuracy?
No. But do not spit lesser than the necessary amount or the test may not pick up enough sample from your saliva.
- Should I put all the reagent into the saliva collection kit?
Yes, please drop all the reagent into the kit.
- I have accidentally exposed the test kit to high heat in my car, will the kit still be accurate?
The storage condition of the kit is between 2ºc to 30 ºc. If you think you may have compromised the kit, please get a new kit for testing.
- Should I store the test kit in the fridge?
Not required. Store in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight will be fine.
- I accidentally spilled the saliva and reagent mixture, what should I do?
Clean and wipe the surface with disinfectant solution. Do not try to reuse the sample as it may be contaminated. Please use a new test kit.
- If I did not shake 20 times and press 20 times, or I have lost count, what should I do?
Start the count again. The purpose of shaking is to make sure the reagent is properly mixed with your saliva.
- What is the Gmate test kit accuracy?
The Gmate Covid-19 saliva home kit is tested and certified by the Institute of Medical Research (IMR) that has 96% accuracy based on 91% sensitivity and 100% specificity.
- When should I use the test kit?
If you believe you have been exposed to someone confirmed positive Covid-19, please quarantine yourself. You do not need to do the test immediately as there might not be enough samples in your saliva to warrant a proper test.Whether you develop symptoms or not, you are suggested to take the test only after the 5th day onwards.
- What is the recommended way to dispose of the used test kits?
It is recommended that you pack all the test materials back into the box and wrap them in a plastic bag. If you are tested positive, update mySejahtera and head over to a nearest test center for a PCR test.
- Is there anything I need to worry about before taking the test?
You should not be drinking (other than plain water, smoking, brushing teeth, or usage of any oral products 30 minutes before using the test.
- Is this test safe to be used by children?
Yes, as long as they can spit out the required amount of saliva.
*Information taken from CityMedic Brochure and Multiple Websites