The non-intrusive COVID-19 rapid test kit for SELF-TEST in human saliva and nasal swab samples. Get your test results at ease within 15 minutes from the comfort of your home or any premise of your choice. The Salixium COVID-19 Home test kit is a quick, accurate & painless screening tool that is suitable for home self-testing and mass screening without requiring any specific instrument to detect any possible COVID-19 infection early.
Each test kit comes in single test per package with unique QR code that is supported by mySALIXIUM App for ease of result generation, authentication and test tracing.
Suitable for home, school/ college, factory, travel, construction sites.
Why nasal and saliva sample collection?
Self-collected saliva swab or nasal swab alone may miss certain detection of viral load. Combining both nasal and saliva swab samples have the advantage to increase the detection rate.
What are the Benefits of using Salixium Covid 19 Rapid Antigen Rapid Test
- No Pain
Less invasive sample collection method (saliva/nasal swab)
Rapid screening in less than 15 minutes
- Unique QR Code
For accurate report generation, authentication and test tracing
- Halvec Verified
Tested by Halvec Laboratories, free from alcohol and animal DNA
- Safe Swabs
Disposable swabs for saliva and nasal are included in individual sterile packing to minimize cross contamination
- Waste Bag
Disposable waste bag is included for safe and easy disposal after use
Endorsed by Ministry of Health, Malaysia
How to use the Salixium COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test kit?
- Take out the extraction buffer tube, press and insert it onto the designated tube holder (dotted circle) on the box. Peel off the aluminum seal. (Be careful not to pour out the liquid)
- Remove one disposable swab from the sterile packaging. Swab the fabric tip on the inside of your left cheek by rubbing up and down for at least 5 times. Repeat the same on the right cheek. Then, swab the palate 5 times.
- Put swab 1 into the extraction tube containing buffer.
- Remove another disposable swab from the sterile packaging. Insert only the fabric tip of the swab gently into 1 nostril until you feel a slight resistance (approximately 2cm up your nose). Roll the swab around the inside of the nostril, making 5 complete circles. Repeat the same for the other nostril.
- Put both swabs into the same extraction tube.
- Immerse the swab heads in the extraction buffer completely; vigorously mix at least 10 times.
- Squeeze liquid from both swabs to keep the solutions in the tube as much as possible and discard the swabs.
- Dispose of the used swabs in the waste bag provided and seal the zipper completely.
- Cover the tube with the dripper head firmly and mix the sample solution thoroughly.
- Gently tear open the pouch and remove the test cassette.
- Lay the cassette on a clear flat work surface. Label the test cassette with the sample name.
- Add 2 drops of the sample solution to the sample well. Make sure there is no air bubble. The sample will start wicking up the membrane.
- Read results within 10-15 minutes.
Testing should be performed immediately after the specimen has been collected. Do not expose the specimen at room temperature for a prolonged period. Samples are stable up to 30 mins when kept in the extraction buffer provided with the test kit.
How to read the result for Salixium Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Home Test Kit
POSITIVE: Two lines are showing up on C (Control) and T (Test) line. If you are positive, you must upload the test result on MySejahtera so that the authorities are informed. You should also head over to a nearby clinic/ hospital to conduct a PCR test for confirmation.
NEGATIVE: If there’s only 1 line showing up on C, it means you are most likely not infected by the Covid-19 virus at this point, or there is not enough virus in the sample to accurately measure. If you have been experiencing symptoms, please head over to the nearest hospital for a proper checkup.
INVALID: If the line is only showing up at T or there’s no line appearing at all. The test is most likely invalid. There might be multiple reasons for this, but it is recommended that you properly discard this and test with a new kit.
Scan QR code on the test cassette to upload your result for report generation.
Once your test is completed, put the used test device and bffer tube into the waste bag provided and seal the zipper completely. Keep all of the used test kit contents in a sealed plastics bag and throw in your general household waste.
Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds, using soap and warm water, or use hand sanitizer.
FAQ regarding the Salixium COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test
- What is the accuracy for the Salixium Covid-19 Home Self Test Rapid Antigen Kit??
The test kit has a Sensitivity of 91% and a Specificity of 100%.
*Information taken from Reszon Diagnostics Website