The Roche SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Self-Test Nasal provides reliable results for individuals suspected of having COVID-19. The Self Test can be performed by the general public, providing another option for decentralized testing. Testing whenever and wherever needed can be the basis for safer decision-making and a step towards more normality for everyone.
The SARS‐CoV‐2 Antigen Self Test Nasal is a lateral flow test for the qualitative detection of SARS‐CoV‐2 nucleocapsid antigen in human nasal samples. This test is used to detect antigens of the SARS‐CoV‐2 virus in individuals suspected of having COVID‐19 and is designed as a self‐test for the general public.
Features and Benefits of the Roche SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Self-Test Kit Malaysia
- Reliable answers: High test quality and performance.
- Quick results: Faster results compared to laboratory testing.
- Easy repetitive testing: No need to visit a healthcare professional or schedule an appointment.
- Easy handling procedure: Reduced handling errors and waste.
- Increased user protection: Virus inactivation by extraction buffer after 2 minutes.
- Peace of mind: Worrying symptoms can be put into perspective
How to Use the Roche SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test Kit
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after test. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Place the materials you need infront of you. Keep a timer to track the readout time.
- Blow your nose once using a tissue. Open swab packet and make sure to only hold the swab at the bottom. Do not touch the tip. Insert the sterile swab 2 cm into your nostril and rotate the swab 4 times for about 15 seconds against the nasal wall.
- Repeat process in the other nostril with the same swab.
- Insert the swab into the extraction buffer tube, squeeze the tube tight at the bottom and stir the swab more than ten times.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube. Press the nozzle cap tightly onto the tube.
- Add 4 drops of extracted sample to the specimen well of the test device.
- Set timer and read the results after 15 minutes and before 30 minutes have passed.
- Risk of incorrect results. Do not read test result after 30 minutes.
Interpreting the Roche Covid-19 Antigen Nasal Swab Rapid Test Kit
POSITIVE: If both the colored line C and T are visible the test result is positive. This means the test detected the virus protein in the sample. The tested person is likely infected with SARS-CoV-2.
You need to self-isolate immediately. Contact your doctor and you may be required to undergo a PCR test to confirm the test result.
NEGATIVE: A visible control line C means the test worked correctly. The test result is negative. There was no virus protein detected in the sample.
There is a very low chance you are currently infectious to others. Note that this result is only valid for the day you take the test. Continue to follow the hygiene guidelines.
INVALID: To get a valid result you will have to do a new test (with new test material and new sample). Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
*Information taken from Roche Website