The SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test is a lateral flow test for the qualitative detection of the nucleocapsid antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in anterior nasal swab specimens directly from individuals suspected of COVID-19 within the first seven days of the onset of symptoms. The test can also test specimens from individuals without symptoms.
Features of the Flowflex Covid Test
- Results in 15 minutes
- Nasal swab specimens
- Room temperature storage
- Excellent performance compared to molecular methods
- 24 months at 2-30°C
Checking the contents in the Flowflex Covid Home Test Kit
- Open your test Kit.
- You should have:
- 1 x Disposable Swab
- 1 x Test Cassette
- 1 x Extraction Buffer Tube
- 1x Package Insert
- 1 x Waste Bag
- Wash or sanitize your hands.
- Read the instructions.
- Check the expiration date.
- Open the pouch.
- Check the Cassette. It should not show any lines before testing.
Flowflex Covid Test Usage Instruction
- You can ask another person to help with the collection or you can do it yourself
- Insert the entire absorbent tip of the swab into one nostril. Using gentle rotation, push the swab less than 2.5 cm from the edge of the nostril.
- Rotate the swab 5 times, brushing against the inside of the nostril.
- Remove the swab and insert it into the other nostril.
- Remove the swab from the nostril.
- Depending on the package, there are 2 types of tubes. Pop open the cover of the extraction buffer tube.
- Insert the test swab into the extraction buffer tube. Rotate the swab clockwise for more than 30 seconds.
- Use both your fingers to hold the tip of the swab, turn the swab 5 times.
- Remove the swab from the extraction buffer tube. Dispose of the swab into the waste bag.
- Reinsert back the cap into the tube.
- Turn the tube around and drip 4 drops of the processed specimen into the sample well (The one marked with S).
How to Interpret the result of the Flowflex Antigen Self Test
POSITIVE: Two lines will appear at C and T. If there’s a fade line at T, take that you are suspected positive for Covid-19. Please update your mySejahtera profile status and head over to a hospital / clinic nearby to get a PCR test immediately. Suggest to also get your close contact screened using the home test kit as well.
NEGATIVE: One line appears at C.
INVALID: No line is appearing for both C and T or it only appears in T. There are multiple reasons including insufficient samples of saliva, mixed up of procedure, too quick to test/waited too long to drip the mixed reagent into the test kit, or it could also be a faulty test kit. Please try another kit following the exact guide again.
*Information taken from Aconlabs Website