The ARISTA COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test is rolling out for self-test using the same reliable technology as our professional use product. That means you can now test for COVID-19 infection in the safety of your own home and get your result in 15 minutes. Super convenient with no line-up or travel time. And paired with the Viva Life App, you have the option to securely store all your records on your phone and generate a digital certificate whenever required. It’s all in your hands.
The ARISTA COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test is available for professional use at point-of-care by healthcare providers or personnel trained in any laboratory and non-laboratory environment that meets the requirements; and for self-test use. Both products offer the same reliable technology but differ somewhat in the sample specimen collection procedure. Nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal specimen collection is only available at point-of-care settings, while anterior nasal and deep throat sputum specimen collection is available for self-test. In all cases, the patient can upload their results to the companion Viva Life App.
What’s included in the ARISTA COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit Malaysia
- 1 x Disposable Swab
- 1 x Sputum Dish
- 1 x Dropper Cap
- 1 x Tube with Diluent
- 1 x Test Casette
How to Use the ARISTA COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit
- Make sure the space that you are using for testing is clean and sanitized. Wash your hands with soap / use a 70% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer.
- Pierce the foil on the tube with diluent using the pointed end from the Dropper Cap.
- The best time to collect the sputum sample is in the morning before brushing your teeth. Breath in deeply and breath out using your mouth forcefully.
- Cough deep from within your chest to produce the sputum, and spit your sputum into the sputum dish.
- Peel the sterile swab, be careful not to touch the tip with your hand. Dip the tip into your sputum, make sure to cover the whole tip by twisting it.
- Dip the swab tip into the diluent. Pince the tube and rotate the swab, make sure that the swab is fully immersed in the diluent.
- Remove the swab while pinching it using the tube to make sure all the samples remain in the tube. Dispose of the swab properly (in a sealable bag).
- Seal the tube using the dropper cap. Give it a good swirl to make sure the sputum and diluent is mixed properly in the tube.
- Twist open the dropper cap and drop 4 drops of the sample into the sample well of the test cassette.
- Start the stopwatch and read the results after 15 minutes.
Interpreting the ARISTA Covid-19 Antigen Nasal Swab Rapid Test Kit
POSITIVE: If both the quality control “C” line and the test “T” line is red (even if faint), then the test result is positive and you are most likely infected with COVID-19.
You need to self-isolate immediately. Contact your doctor and you may be required to undergo a PCR test to confirm the test result.
NEGATIVE: If the quality control “C” line is red (even if faint), and the test “T” line is blank, then the test result is negative and you are unlikely to have COVID-19.
There is a very low chance you are currently infectious to others. Note that this result is only valid for the day you take the test. Continue to follow the hygiene guidelines.
INVALID: If the quality control “C” line is blank, then the test is considered invalid irrespective of any red band on the “T” band.
*Information taken from Arista Bio Website and YouTube.