The Lituo COVID-19 Antigen Detection Kit (Colloidal Gold) Self Test Kit is used for the qualitative detection of COVID-2019 new coronavirus antigen in human saliva specimens. It is painless and reliable for self or assisted collection. Its non-invasive collection is preferred over swab.
What’s included in the Lituo COVID-19 Antigen Detection Kit (Colloidal Gold) Self Test Kit
- Test Cassette
- Extraction buffer in the tube
- Saliva plastic collector (funnel)
Suggest to also get
- Disposable bag
- Preparation before sample collection: Please refrain from eating, smoking, chewing gum and drinking water within 15 minutes before collecting saliva samples.
- Sample collection: Saliva collected at any time of the day can be used. Foamy saliva should be avoided as much as possible.
- The saliva sample should be tested within 1 hour after collection.
- Please read the instructions for use carefully before performing the test.
- The test should be performed at room temperature (18-30 °C).
How to use the Lituo Covid-19 saliva home kit
- Wash or disinfect your hands thoroughly before performing the test.
- Open the test pack and take out all of the contents. Please check that all components are present and intact.
- Take out the saliva collector from the test kit. Take off the cap and screw the collection funnel onto the tube.
- Spit into the funnel until the level of the saliva in the tube reaches 2ml (not including bubbles)
- Vertically hold the tube and unscrew the funnel to remove it from the tube. Discard the funnel safely.
- Screw the cap onto the tube tightly. Shake the tube upside down 12 times to mix the saliva with the extraction solution.
- Open the foil pouch, take out the test cassette and place it on a flat surface.
- Open the tube, use a dropper to take out 2 drops (60μl) of the treated sample.
- Apply 2 full drops of the treated sample (60μl) vertically into the sample well of the test cassette.
- Read the results within 10 to 15 minutes. If the saliva sample is viscous, it is recommended to extend the reading to 20 minutes
How to Interpret the result of the Lituo Covid-19 saliva antigen test kit
POSITIVE: If a red line appears in the control region (C) and the test region (T) in each test cassette, the test result is positive. There is currently a suspicion of a COVID-19 infection. Please update your mySejahtera profile status and head over to a hospital/clinic nearby to get a RT-PCR test immediately. Suggest to also get your close contact screened using the self test kit as well.
NEGATIVE: If a red line appears in the control area (C), but no red line appears in the test area (T), the result is negative. A negative result indicates that the sample is negative for the novel coronavirus antigen or the amount of antigen is below the detection limit. A negative result does not completely rule out a COVID-19 infection. If you have persistent symptoms or your symptoms become more severe, the test should be repeated after 1-2 days as the coronavirus cannot be accurately detected at all stages of an infection.
INVALID: If there is no red line in the control area (C), the test is invalid. Insufficient sample volume or incorrect procedural techniques are the most likely reasons for the lack of lines in the control area. Review the procedure and repeat the test with a new test cassette. Please note that too much or too little sample volume can lead to invalid test results. If the problem persists, stop using the test and contact your local dealer.
*Information taken from Lituo and Tree Med Website