The LYHER® Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Antigen Test Kit (Colloidal Gold) is an in vitro immunoassay. The assay is for the direct and qualitative detection of antigen of SARS-CoV-2 from nasal secretions specimens. This kit is for in vitro diagnostic use.
Features of the LYHER Novel Coronavirus Test Kit Malaysia
- Result in 15 Minutes
- No equipment needed
- Easy to collect samples
- Room Temperature storage
- Results are easy to read
Contents of the LYHER Rapid Test Covid Malaysia
- 1x Sterilized Swab
- 1x Test Cassette
- 1x Extraction Tube
- 1x Extraction Buffer
Instructions to use the LYHER Novel Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit
- Make sure the nasal cavity is moist
- Carefully insert the swab into one nostril of the patient. The swab tip should be inserted up to 2-4cm until resistance is met.
- Roll the swab 5 times along the mucosa inside the nostril to ensure that both mucus and cells are collected.
- Using the same swab, repeat this process for the other nostril to ensure that an adequate sample is collected from both nasal cavities.
- Withdraw the swab from the nasal cavity.
- Twist the bottle head off the notch point and add all of the reagents into the tube.
- Dip the swab into the reagent and squeeze 10-15 times to make sure the sample is missed with the reagent.
- Let the sample stand for 2 minutes in the reagent.
- Take out the swab and cover it with the dropper tip.
- Add 3 drops of the specimen into the sample well on the cassette.
- Read the result after 15 minutes.
How to Interpret the result of the LYHER Covid-19 antigen test kit
POSITIVE: Two-colored lines appear in both C and T (C represents Control, T represents Test). If you see 2 lines, please update your mySejahtera profile status and head over to a hospital/clinic nearby to get a PCR test immediately. Suggest to also get your close contact screened using the home test kit as well.
NEGATIVE: Only one line appears at C.
INVALID: No line is appearing for both C and T or it only appears in T. There are multiple reasons including insufficient samples of saliva, mixed up of procedure, too quick to test/waited too long to drip the mixed reagent into the test kit, or it could also be a faulty test kit. Please try another kit following the exact guide again.
*Information taken from Lyherbio Website